Salary: Circa £29k
We are looking for an exceptional individual, educated to degree level or with substantial relevant project and contract management experience gained within a relevant environment to join us during our next phase as a world leading organisation supporting STEM education across the UK.
With excellent communication, prioritising and planning skills, candidates must have experience of working simultaneously on multiple projects, at different stages, and have the ability to switch from one to another. The ability to write concise complex reports and proposals supported by excellent IT skills is also required.
Projects may be employer, partner or stakeholder facing and you should be able to demonstrate examples of effective relationship management external to an organisation.
Specific role requirements:
Supporting the STEM Ambassadors programme, and wider enhancement/enrichment activity
- Project management of STEM Ambassador Hub contracts, overseeing and driving performance management
- Supporting the Network team to manage the wider Network to achieve high performing Hubs across the UK
- Supporting the Network team to contract manage poor performance and implement actions as required
- Coordinate the STEM Ambassador platform to ensure a high quality online service, working with internal teams to deliver
- Working closely with UKRI - Prepare monthly reporting to the Department
- Oversee data management to enable clear reporting of programme
- Coordinate elements of the forward transformation of the programme, and oversee its implementation.
You will contribute to cross-cutting activities ensuring best practice contract and project management within STEM Learning. An appreciation and understanding of STEM education and / or working with the voluntary sector is therefore desirable.
Some UK travel will be required to fulfill the role.
The successful candidates will join STEM Learning at an exciting time of expansion. We are a highly professional, progressive organisation whose mission is to achieve a world-leading STEM education for all young people across the UK.
The National STEM Learning Centre and Network is a key UK resource for supporting STEM teaching and learning through provision of CPD, resources, online communities in partnership with a wide range of organisations and individuals. This includes driving forward ongoing development of the STEM Ambassadors and STEM Clubs programmes alongside subject-specific support for all involved in the teaching of science, technology, engineering and mathematics to young people.
Remuneration and benefits
Salary Circa £29k dependent on experience. Appointment to this role enables access to the USS pension scheme, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays and a wide range of staff benefits.
Closing date for applications is 10am, Wednesday 27th March 2019, with interviews taking place on 2nd April 2019 in York.