Ideal for new, existing or aspiring science subject leaders, this pathway provides a framework to support the development of leadership skills to raise the profile of science and improve student attainment in the subject.
Wayne Jarvis, Pathway Lead, explains how this Pathway supports new, aspiring and established leaders of Secondary science, and a short activity to get you thinking about your role as a science leader.
About the pathway
Enrol on the pathway
1. Sign in or create an account.
2. Enrol on the pathway.
3. See details of the pathway in your dashboard.
4. Receive an email confirming your enrolment and next steps.
- develop and embed best practice and improve your confidence to lead science in your secondary school
- understand the subject, role and responsibilities of a science subject leader
- identify sources of CPD and support to ensure a high quality of education for young people in your school
- learn from others and gain experience and knowledge from the latest research and evidence to put into practice in your school
Start your learning journey
This two-year pathway of CPD, delivered through various modes, will comprise both core and optional elements. You will access locally-delivered face-to-face CPD, intensive residential CPD at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, and engage in online CPD through FutureLearn and our remote CPD offer.