What is the future of Initial Teacher Education in England?
On Thursday 2 March 2017, the Westminster Education Forum is hosting a seminar looking at the future of Initial Teacher Education (ITE) in England and the future for Qualified Teacher Status.
Following the publication of ‘A framework of core content for ITT’, this is a great opportunity for key policymakers and stakeholders to come together and discuss the future of Initial Teacher Training (ITT).
A number of key topics will be focused on during this seminar, including:
- the implementation and effectiveness of the new core content framework and key issues for university and school-based ITE educators
- equipping teachers with the tools to tackle disruptive classroom behaviour
- the role and value of school-based ITT mentoring
- the future for Qualified Teacher Status
- policy priorities for Initial Teacher Education
The Department for Education will also be delivering a keynote seminar on policy priorities for Initial Teacher Education, and there will be the opportunity to ask any questions you may have.