Have you started planning your next STEM Ambassador activity?
STEM Learning is developing a new STEM Ambassadors digital platform to increase the functionality and impact of the programme, which will launch in September.
STEM Ambassadors are an important and exciting free of charge resource for teachers and others engaging with young people in and outside of the classroom. Across the UK, over 30,000 volunteers are already raising aspirations in STEM and helping young people to make informed decisions about their future careers.
The new digital platform will enable users to more easily engage with the programme, simplifying processes ranging from registration, to browsing profiles and giving feedback on activities. It will bring together all the current STEM Ambassador websites and supporting systems into our main website, www.stem.org.uk, enabling access to all STEM Learning services from one place.
The end of term is a great time for teachers and others working with young people to get planning for the next academic year and as such, we’ve put together a checklist to help you get ready for the new platform and plan your STEM Ambassador activity for September.
- Are you aware of the types of activities STEM Ambassadors get involved in? These range from experiments or practicals to STEM-related festivals and fairs, you can find out more here.
- How can STEM Ambassadors support the STEM education and careers guidance in your school?
- Are you aware of the support/resources your local STEM Ambassador Hub contact can provide?
- If you have used STEM Ambassadors in the past, are your details up to date on our website?
- Have you looked through our resource collection to get an idea of how best STEM Ambassadors can support your teaching?