STEM Inspiration Awards: be rewarded with a trip to CERN
We’re excited to announce that the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) is sponsoring our 2018 STEM Inspiration Awards and sending the winners to the world-renowned CERN in Switzerland!
The STEM Inspiration Awards aim to celebrate people who go above and beyond to inspire and engage young people with STEM subjects. Whether you’re a STEM Ambassador, teacher, technician, employer or you run a STEM Club – you have the opportunity to shout about your work and be celebrated for your efforts.
Shortlisted nominees will be invited to the awards ceremony in the House of Lords on the 1 November the winners will be announced.
These winners will get a trip to CERN which will include:
- return flights from a UK airport to Geneva
- one night’s accommodation in Geneva or environs
- meals and transport throughout the organised visit in Switzerland
- an escorted tour of CERN, including meetings with UK physicists and engineers
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be truly recognised for your efforts and meet the people at the forefront of cutting-edge research in the world.
Applications are still open but the deadline is 14 September 2018, so get applying! You can submit an application for yourself or nominate a colleague you think deserves to be recognised.
- Outstanding STEM Ambassador – for those who have been Ambassadors for three years or more
- Outstanding New STEM Ambassador – anyone who has joined the STEM Ambassador programme since July 2017
- Outstanding STEM Technician – whether you work in a lab or a workshop, all technicians are welcome
- Outstanding STEM Club – can be in a school or a community group
- Inspirational STEM engagement project – whoever you are, if you’ve undertaken a sustained enrichment programme, this is the award for you
- STEM Employer – small and medium enterprises
- STEM Employer – large companies
- The Joan Sjøvoll Award for STEM Leadership – if you actively promote STEM education and careers in your school, college or organisation then get applying