Leading the way
With pupil numbers on the rise, the need and importance of having high-quality leaders is growing year on year, making it essential to encourage more people into a leadership role.
So if you are new to leading a department, or are aspiring to become a head of department in the future, these courses are perfect to help you develop both your skills and confidence.
Aimed at primary and secondary teachers and technicians, each course will develop your skills as a leader in your chosen specialism taking you through the skills needed to be an effective leader.
You will use a variety of strategies to make teaching and learning in science more engaging and inspiring for students and colleagues and employ a range of techniques to enable you to create a high performing team.
Tailored to each subject, this CPD provides the perfect opportunity to develop your management skills. Not only this, you will also be provided with bespoke action plans to suit the needs of your department.
Across a residential period held at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, you will develop your own skills as well as learning how to ensure a successful department that supports and enriches students’ experiences in STEM.
- teaching and learning
- assessment for learning
- curriculum provision
- strategic leadership and management
"The course has been brilliant. I have been able to identify the root of my frustrations and identify my own strengths and weaknesses, as well as reflect on others within my department. In doing this I will now be able to return and move forward in a positive and motivational way. Leading others and the department to further success." Past participant
- Leading the new primary computing curriculum 30/11/2017
- Developing the experienced primary science leader 4/12/2017
- Leading an effective design and technology department 14/12/2017
- New and aspiring heads of secondary computing 14/12/2017
- Leading an effective primary design and technology curriculum 18/01/2018
- New and aspiring leaders of mathematics 29/01/2018
- New and aspiring heads of science 29/01/2018
- New and aspiring primary science specialist 31/01/2018
- Design and technology technicians: Leadership and management 23/04/2018