Help build your workforce of the future
STEM Insight brings the opportunity for industry and universities to provide immersive experiences for teachers, supporting them to better understand the diverse range of STEM careers and career paths available to young people.
It allows the opportunity for low cost, small scale business investment with long term, widespread impact. Recent studies have shown that teachers are one of the most important influences on students’ career choices. However, 82% of teachers feel they lack the necessary knowledge to offer careers advice. By hosting placements, UK leading companies or departments can help develop the understanding teachers have of STEM-related careers, ensuring they are better equipped to advise their students about the options available.
"I now know that until you step through the doors of a company, you can't really understand what you are actually preparing young people for." - Marie Jobson - Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance Lead
What are the benefits for hosts?
- help inspire a more diverse future workforce
- provide real-world context for the STEM curriculum to motivate students
- low cost, small-scale investment but with long-term, widespread and powerful impact
- builds long-term partnerships with local schools and colleges
- embed knowledge of skills required, breadth of employment opportunities and career paths available in the future local workforce
If you would like to join other UK leading organisations and universities already working with STEM Insight, please pledge to host a placement. We just need a small amount of information to set the wheels in motion!
Alternatively, if you know an organisation or university department who would be interested in being part of STEM Insight, please share this information to pledge to host a placement.