Capture your imagination with the Wellcome Photography Prize
Do you want to inspire others to think differently about health, medicine and science? Enter the Wellcome Photography Prize.
Wellcome is inviting photographers and image makers from all disciplines to get involved, with the overall winner receiving a prize of £15,000.
Whether you are a research scientist, a documentary or clinical photographer, an artist, or a photojournalist, this is a great opportunity for you to inspire people to think differently about health, medicine and life.
There are four categories:
- social perspectives – explore how health and illness affect the way we live
- hidden worlds – reveal details hidden to the naked eye
- medicine in focus – show health and healthcare up close and personal
- outbreaks (2019 theme) – capture the impact of disease as it spreads
The deadline for entries is 17 December 2018.
All the winning and shortlisted entries will go on show in a major public exhibition at Lethaby Gallery, Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts London, from 4-13 July 2019.
To receive communications about the prize, subscribe and follow the Wellcome Photography Prize on Instagram.
- Zebrafish embryo' by Annie Cavanagh and David McCarthy / Wellcome Image Awards winner 2014 / Credit: Annie Cavanagh. CC BY-NC
- ‘Patient receiving treatment during outreach eye screening in India’ by Susan Smart / Wellcome Image Awards winner 2017 / Credit: Susan Smart
- 'Inside Ghana's biggest bushmeat market' by Nyani Quarmyne / published on mosaicscience.com / Credit: Nyani Quarmyne / Panos Pictures 2016
- Credit: Jen and Rob Lewis/Beauty in Blood. CC-BY