The Walk to the Moon Challenge 2021
Each year, the Walk To The Moon Challenge runs from January to May. Teams of students complete Mission X activities to earn points. Every activity submitted helps the Mission X mascots, Luna and Leo, walk to the Moon!
Who can take part?
Mission X is designed for students age 8-12, but open to all ages. The challenge is open worldwide. National Organizers help run the challenge in each of our participating countries.
What are the activities?
The challenge is supported by a set of physical and educational hands-on classroom activities, developed by space scientists and fitness professionals working with real astronauts!
How to get started
New to Mission X? Here are some handy downloads to help you set- up and run the challenge in your classroom.
- Registration opens
- Training dates for teachers/leaders announced*
- Determine the dates your team will implement the challenge (suggested 6-9 weeks)
- Create a plan of action for you team
- Gather materials for the challenge
Walk to the Moon Challenge
Complete your Mission X activities and earn points
- 13 January: Website opens for activity submissions
- 31 May: Website closes for activity submissions
- Closing events*
- Certificates of completion released
* To see if your country hosts pre-challenge training and/or closing events, register with your national organiser on the "How to Sign Up" page.