Space for all: community funding scheme 2019
This is a competitive process which will offer small grants up to a maximum of £10,000 for each award. The scheme is run to support the education and outreach aims and objectives of the UK Space Agency, as set out in its Education, Skills and Outreach Strategy.
This, in turn, will support the aims of the UK Space Agency by encouraging the use of space as an inspiring context for teaching and learning, by addressing the skills needs of the space sector and by raising awareness of the UK’s space programme and STEM subjects in general.
Please note there is likely to be a second call for Launch UK-related activities in the new year, which you may also be eligible to apply for.
The scheme will be open to bids from individuals and organisations who:
- are based in the UK
- have support of their sponsoring organisation or work in partnership with an organisation which can receive the funds
- can nominate a referee who can support their application
Eligible organisations include academic or research institutions (including schools, universities, research councils, UK Space Agency partners), charities, trusts, companies (including not-for-profit).
Relevant audiences include young people, students, the public, teachers, opinion formers, the media (including traditional, internet, social media).
- deadline for proposals to be received – 5pm 15 February 2019
- outcome notification – w/c 1 April 2019
- projects start - no earlier than 1 May 2019
- projects completed - no later than 19 March 2021