New ESA Climate Detectives - get involved
Climate Detectives is an ESA school project for 8-15-year-old pupils. Students are challenged to make a difference in understanding and protecting the Earth’s climate.
They will identify a climate problem by observing their local environment and be tasked to investigate it as Climate Detectives. Based on their investigation, teams will propose a way to help address the problem. The students will learn about the climate on Earth as a complex and changing system and the importance of respecting our environment.
Teams can submit their investigation plan until 15 November 2018.
In order for a team to be considered eligible, the following conditions should be fulfilled:
- participation is open to teams from 8 up to (and including) 15-year-olds
- each student team must consist of a minimum of six students up to the whole class
- one teacher can sign up a maximum three student teams
- each team must be supervised by a teacher or mentor acting as the team’s point of contact with ESA's education official and ESERO-UK
- each team can submit one entry only and each student can only be a member of one team
Please note that places in the 2018/19 project are limited, applications will be assessed and successful applicants will be notified by the beginning of December 2018.