STEM Workshops for schools
Designed for primary and secondary pupils to be practical, fun and inspiring to increase engagement in science, technology, engineering and maths.
Motivate your learners in science, technology, engineering and maths with an interactive and engaging workshop. Specifically students will cover:
· Practical Physics – learn the basic principles of physics by testing speed, strength and reactions using cutting edge sports testing equipment.
· Circuit Building – improve knowledge of electrical components and the flow of current through a circuit by using our robust kits as circuit challenges promote trouble shooting skills.
· Wind Turbines – learn more about wind energy and the construction and testing of model wind turbines.
· Robotics – find out more about the progress of robotics and work with remote control robots to resolve problems.
· Design & Deliver – come up with a brand new idea or a unique twist on an existing idea and find out why innovation is important.
· STEM Showdown – share learning using interactive wireless technology.
Please note: Learn by Design also create and deliver bespoke programmes dependent on a schools requirement and curriculum enrichment needs.
- Decision making
- Presentation skills
- Creative ideas
- Quizdom wireless remotes
- Sprint timing gates
- Rowing machines
- Kick speed testing cage
- Batak Reaction Board
- Robots and attachments
- Electric car challenge
- Wind turbines and testing equipment
- Various props and showpieces
The STEM Directory is provided as a service to support you in finding enrichment opportunities. The activities are offered by external providers and are not endorsed by STEM Learning. We are not responsible for their content or delivery.
Grants for school
The Royal Institution runs two enrichment and enhancement grant schemes. Grants of up to £500 are available to UK-registered state schools to host a STEM activity selected from the STEM Directory.
There are a number of other organisations that offer grants to schools.
|Published||21 September 2017|
|Last modified||17 September 2018|
|Nature of scheme||In-school visit|
|Subject(s)||Design and technology, Electronics, programming and control, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Physics|
|Age||4-5, 5-7, 7-11, 11-14, 14-16, 16-19|
|Running times||1-4 hours|
Costs vary per session and number of young people and delivery staff involved. Prices include bespoke specifications per individual school requirements. Price also dependent on school location.