Medical Mavericks - Bring a Real Hospital to Your School
Hands on medical workshops that show your students it's not all about doctors and nurses!!
You probably have students that want to be doctors.... but wont get the grades.
You probably have students that are being pushed by the their parents to be doctors!
And you probably have students that have reckon the NHS is made up of doctors, nurses, physios, dentists and midwives.
This is where we come in! We have this awesome mobile hospital that can visit your school for your students to experience using loads of real medical kit in the classroom and get an insight into the range of career available to them in health.
We showcase dozens of different careers that are accessible with grades A-C / levels 9-4 at GCSE!!! Making them a viable option for many of your students!
We have loads of amazing kit that your student actually get to use in the classroom. These include:
- Using an ultrasound machine to see inside their body
- Taking blood from an injection arm with a real needle
- Trying key hole surgery with a real training device used by surgeons
- Recording and printing ECG from their heart
- Using an iPhone to take a picture of the inside of their eye!
- See the veins under your skin with an infra-red vein scanner
A typical day runs with a workshop on repeat inline with your timetable to 30-40 students at a time. It is really flexible.
We can run longer sessions for 2-4 hours or even a whole day workshop to groups of 50 or so students.
Check out our sports science lab as well with our Challenge the Champions workshops!
To book, call us on (01902) 595 086 or visit www.medicalmavericks.co.uk
THERE ARE SOME FREE POSTERS IN THE DOWNLOAD SECTION TOO! - Get more on our website! Just click FREE RESOURCES
- Showcase dozens of medical, health, engineering, IT careers in the NHS
- Highlight careers that are accesible with A-C / 9-4 grades at GCSE
- Inspire the next generation of medics and scientists
- Support biology & physics curriculums
(01902) 595 086
The STEM Directory is provided as a service to support you in finding enrichment opportunities. The activities are offered by external providers and are not endorsed by STEM Learning. We are not responsible for their content or delivery.
|Published||31 August 2017|
|Last modified||31 August 2017|
|Nature of scheme||In-school visit|
|Subject(s)||Careers, Computing, Design & Development, Cross curricular, Science, Biology, Physics, Practical work, Techniques and procedures, Demonstrations, Chemistry|
|Age||7-11, 11-14, 14-16, 16-19, FE/HE|
|Running times||1-4 hours|
Different prices are available for half, full days and running numerous workshops at the same time.