Scratch Without Games
This resource consists of eleven worksheets explaining how to use some basic commands in the programming language Scratch. Each sheet explains how the appropriate blocks are set up in Scratch, an example of their use and a number of exercises for use in the classroom.
The commands covered are:
• IF uses a variable and the IF statement to check whether the variable has a certain value.
• IF ELSE uses an input and a variable to test for a specific word being inputted.
• RNG makes use of the random number generator.
• Branching 1 explains how the broadcast and the receive blocks are used.
• Branching 2 is a continuation of the previous sheet containing further examples.
• AND uses two inputs and the AND block to check whether the inputs meet both conditions.
• Assessment 1 sets a number of tasks requiring the use of variables, the IF command, the AND command and the use of the random number generator.
• Lists 1: explains how to create a list and add values to a list.
• Lists 2: explains how to choose items from a list.
• Lists 3: explains how to replace one item in a list with a different value.
• Lists 4: explains how to check whether an item is contained within a list.
Note: there is no sheet 7 or sheet 9 in this collection of resources.
This resource is produced by Aidan Bartley.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.
- 1. IF
- 2. IF ELSE
- 3. RNG
- 4. Braching 1
- 5. Branching 2
- 6. AND
- 8. Assessment 1
- 10. Lists 1
- 11. Lists 2
- 12. Lists 3
- 13. Lists 4
|Age||7-11, 11-14, 14-16|
|Published||2010 to date|