Demonstrations for the Christmas Dinner Table
In this National STEM Learning Centre and Network video, Simon Quinnell demonstrates four experiments, with the theme of Christmas, that teachers can do in the school laboratory.
* Tea bag convection - see how a burning teabag mysteriously rises on convection currents in the air around it.
* The candle demonstration - generate carbon dioxide with an antacid tablet and water before showing how the gas extinguishes a naked flame.
* Magic balloon and water - looking at conduction and convection and showing thermal energy transfer in a fluid.
* Instant snow - properties of a super-absorbant polymer.
Show health and safety information
|Subject(s)||Science, Chemistry, Practical work, Demonstrations|
|Age||7-11, 11-14, 14-16, 16-19|
|Published||2010 to 2019|
|Log in to rate this resource|
- National STEM Learning Centre and Network