This ASE resource includes guidance and ideas, including useful differentiation ideas specific to science.
The resource may provide:
* A wealth of practical ideas that can enhance both mainstream and special school teaching.
* A useful summary for teachers to include in their planners.
* Continuing professional development.
* Suggestions to fuel discussion in departmental INSET.
* A checklist highlighting areas that may need further attention.
* Part of the school-based NQT continuing professional development schemes.
* ITT and school-based tutorials for teacher training sessions with student teachers.
The guidance was produced considering the key areas of special needs that may create barriers to learning. The five areas include: communication and interaction, cognition and learning, sensory and/or physical needs, behaviour, emotional and social development as well as medical conditions.
The key areas are based on the Code of Practice (2001).
Show health and safety information
|Published||2000 - 2009|
|Log in to rate this resource|