Differentiation for learning NE702
Develop how you use scaffolding to enable all students to progress their learning and address their needs by differentiating for learning by task.
Online, self-paced course. Improve your practice of differentiating for learning, by diagnosing your students' current levels of understanding and differentiating for learning by task. You will explore the key principles of effective differentiation for learning, see how teachers use these approaches in their classrooms, and learn how to differentiate for learning by task. You will leave the course feeling confident in your ability to respond to evidence of your students’ learning and address their different needs.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- key principles of differentiation for learning.
- the importance of diagnosing current levels of understanding.
- differentiating for learning by task.
- evaluating practice of differentiation for learning.
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- describe the key principles of differentiation for learning.
- evaluate a range of practical ideas that can be used to scaffold students’ learning.
- collect and analyse evidence from students on changes implemented in the classroom in order to critically reflect on own practice in order to prioritise next steps in own development.
- develop a classroom culture that motivates all learners.
- identify approaches to increase challenge and ownership of learning within their teaching context.
Group enrolments: If you are a school, college or MAT and wish to arrange payment by invoice for 25 or more participants, please contact email@example.com quoting the course code, title and start date.
FutureLearn terms and conditions: This course is hosted on the FutureLearn social learning platform and you will need to create an account if you do not already have one.
In addition to STEM Learning Terms and Conditions, by booking on this course you are consenting to FutureLearn’s Terms and Conditions for Invited Learners. By booking onto this course, you agree that your information will be held by FutureLearn and National STEM Learning Centre as data controllers in common, and that by joining the course on FutureLearn your progress will be monitored by STEM Learning.
If you have booked in advance of the course being available, you will receive an email to access the course on FutureLearn no later than the course start date.