Advancing your secondary mathematics teaching MY211
After establishing classroom craft in the early years of your career, do you feel ready to explore new challenges and take your teaching in new directions?
Consider recent research in mathematics education and explore case studies of innovative practice to improve current and future practice. Put your ideas into practice in the form of action research, reflecting and sharing through an online community, before meeting again to review progress and celebrate the success of your project.
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Course fees vary for participants outside the UK. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
“The inspiration and encouragement gained from these professionals is priceless and hopefully long lasting. I feel that this course has refreshed my teaching mentality in that my job is to enjoy being a teacher and impart this enjoyment for learning to my students." - past participant, 2017
“The course delivered beyond my expectations” - past participant, 2017
- consider research about what makes good teaching
- discuss curriculum design that supports great mathematics teaching'
- explore how to design better activities
- look at models for action research
- carry out a small scale action research project
- consider ideas to develop your pedagogy and your career