CLEAPSS Gene technology in schools RP628
This course aims to introduce teachers and technicians to a wide range of current techniques used for investigative practical gene technology in schools. The workshops include opportunities to carry out extraction, purification and manipulation of DNA as well as opportunities for discussion of current legislation as it relates to schools.
You will learn about:
- the techniques that BTEC (Level 3) Applied Science students need for a complete portfolio of evidence for module 18, DNA Technology. Health and Safety, & ethical aspects will be fully considered.
- extraction and purification of DNA by PCR
- manipulation of DNA using enzymes
- gel electrophoresis for separation and analysis of DNA fragments
- genetic modification of bacteria
Remember to check the courses section of the CLEAPSS website (www.cleapss.org.uk) to see all venues and dates for CLEAPSS courses