Linking STEM curriculum learning to careers NE712
Discover how to adapt your curriculum and make small changes to your teaching to link to careers in STEM subjects.
Online, self-paced course. Enhance your role as a STEM (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) subject teacher by linking curriculum learning to careers.
Through weekly tasks, you will identify how to adapt your STEM curriculum, engaging your students in careers linked to their classroom learning. Learn from experienced educators who have adapted their teaching, worked with employers and collaborated with local STEM Ambassadors to create a careers-linked curriculum that both engages and inspires students within the STEM subjects.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- approaches for reviewing current practice, understanding your students’ careers need and planning a STEM careers learning journey
- adapting your teaching with careers resources to motivate and inspire your students
- engaging with local employers to both raise your students’ aspirations and develop your knowledge about STEM careers
- the wider context of your school or college and the Gatsby Careers Benchmarks
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
- engage students through linking STEM curriculum learning with careers, providing a real-life understanding of your subject and its relevance in future career paths
- create meaningful encounters for students with employers, linked to the teaching of your STEM subject
- improve your curriculum content by applying a STEM careers learning journey approach
- evaluate the impact of linking curriculum learning to careers
- contribute to discussions about careers education in your school or college
FutureLearn terms and conditions: This course is hosted on the FutureLearn social learning platform and you will need to create an account if you do not already have one.
In addition to STEM Learning Terms and Conditions, by booking on this course you are consenting to FutureLearn’s Terms and Conditions for Invited Learners. By booking onto this course, you agree that your information will be held by FutureLearn and National STEM Learning Centre as data controllers in common, and that by joining the course on FutureLearn your progress will be monitored by STEM Learning.
If you have booked in advance of the course being available, you will receive an email to access the course on FutureLearn no later than the course start date.