Resourcing the new secondary mathematics curriculum MY202
Explore resources designed to support improved teaching of the new curriculum with hand-on activities.
Do your current resources prepare your students to meet the needs of the new mathematics specifications? Not got time to write new activities? Join us to discover ways in which tried and tested methods to make existing resources suitable for the demands of the new curriculum.
The STEM Learning website contains thousands of high quality mathematics resources. Experience a number of techniques which enable these free resources to be used to prepare students to meet the needs of the new GCSE mathematics specifications.
This is suitable for teachers of key stages 3 and 4 mathematics in secondary schools and teachers of GCSE retake post-16.
“New resources introduced and chance to talk to people from other schools on how the new curriculum has/will impact my teaching and how STEM can help.”
Past Participant, 2016
During this course, we will:
- consider requirements and implications of changes to the key stage 3 and 4 programmes of study
- review tried and tested classroom resources that exemplify effective ways of teaching and learning mathematics
- explore engaging ways to get the best out of existing, freely available classroom materials.
“Lots of new ideas to help teach "old" topics.”
“Very useful day and good value for money.”
Past Participants, 2016
You will be able to:
- consider of the wealth of resources freely available from our resource collection
- explore our Centre’s ready-made resource packages
- create resource packages which add value and pedagogical support to your scheme of work
The day concludes with the development of an action plan detailing your next steps when back in school.