Redcar and Cleveland Primary Science Conference RP809
Engaging with the new Primary Science Curriculum.
This Primary Conference intends to provide primary science subject leaders with a practical ‘hands- on’ introduction to the new primary science curriculum, to be implemented by schools from September 2014.
The conference will provide delegates with the following sessions:
- a keynote speech - to provide all subject leaders with an overview of the expectations and content within the new curriculum
- three ‘hands-on’ workshops focused on specific aspects of the new curriculum.
- working scientifically
- using the natural environment to support learning across the science curriculum
- new content and new challenges
- Assessment of learning
- Action planning for implementation
Due to the hands-on nature of the conference the number of delegates will be limited
You will be able to:
- describe key changes in the new curriculum and identify the implications for your school
- plan for curriculum change
- describe attributes of successful teaching and learning in science relating to the new Curriculum
- evaluate ways of embedding the new Curriculum
Science Learning Centre Derbyshire, Yorkshire and the Humber, and the North East working in partnership with Redcar and Cleveland Primary Curriculum Development