Primary Summer School NS004
During the summer school participants will look at the broad themes of biodiversity and sustainability in relation to Curriculum for Excellence (CfE). A major focus will be to explore the use of hands-on practical science activities which participants will be able to use to help them address the Sciences Experiences and Outcomes within their local environment. The outdoor environment, including a local wood, will be used for the practical sessions.
To apply for this course please contact SSERC directly (email@example.com) who will forward you the necessary information. Shortly after the published closing date for applications the Administration Team at SSERC will send to successful applicants:
- confirmation of an offer of a place on the course together with details on enrolment procedures
- information on ENTHUSE bursaries and how to apply for such a bursary
- a set of terms and conditions which you must meet in order to qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary
If you are a supply teacher you may still qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary – please contact SSERC to establish your eligibility.
Participants will be able to:
- demonstrate increased confidence in the delivery of practical science, in the outdoor environment within CfE themes
- adapt ideas for the use of outdoor space to their own environments
- identify opportunities for their own practice and produce an action plan for implementation
Pupils will benefit from:
- increased opportunities for working outdoors
- increased opportunities for practical work