New and aspiring leaders of mathematics MY200
Inspirational, intensive CPD for new and aspiring leaders of mathematics, provides the skills required for outstanding learning and leading of a mathematics department.
The National STEM Learning Centre is pleased to be offering another round of the ‘New and Aspiring Leaders of Mathematics’ programme for teachers looking to lead a mathematics department in secondary schools. This intensive two part residential professional development course has been developed for teachers new or aspiring to lead a mathematics department in secondary schools and will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to run a successful department.
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
"The course has been brilliant. I have been able to identify the root of my frustrations and identify my own strengths and weaknesses, as well as reflect on others within my department. In doing this I will now be able to return and move forward in a positive and motivational way. Leading others and the department to further success." Past participant
You will be able to:
• employ a range of methods to strategically lead and manage a department
• evaluate the skills you have and identify areas you need to develop to become a highly effective leader
• explain what outstanding teaching and learning in mathematics is and use this to provide effective feedback
• use a variety of strategies to make teaching and learning in mathematics more engaging and inspiring for students and colleagues
• employ a range of techniques to enable you to create a high performing team and develop team members
• produce an action plan linked to your School Development Plan to implement and evaluate back in school or college
For more information please click HERE