Developing the established primary science leader NY003
Explore best practice and interact with research at local, national and international levels.
Innovative, exciting and supportive, this CPD is aimed at established primary science subject leaders who want to explore current best practice, extend their skills and interact with research at local, national and international levels. You will engage in dialogue and debate with peers and a range of science-based education experts.
During three residential periods you will reflect on and enhance your leadership skills across three main areas:
- outstanding teaching and learning
- assessment practices
- strategic leadership and management
You will keep up to date with broad developments in science and science education and consider how to share these back in school. You’ll explore strategies to support colleagues on the pedagogy and appropriate use of resources. You’ll also evaluate outcomes to monitor the impact of science teaching and learning on pupils
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
You will be able to:
- define and reflect upon outstanding teaching and learning in primary science
- engage and inspire children and colleagues
- develop your own personal effectiveness as a leader of primary science and its assessment across the school
- produce an action plan to implement and evaluate your learning journey