Writing and presenting evidence for professional registration HC023
Available on-demand, on site - contact us for more information.
There is no doubt that professional registration is a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate competence and commitment to your-self, employer, peers in the profession and to society. The use of post-nominal letters, depending on the level of your Science Council’s registration status (RSciTech, RSci and CSci), is a sure sign of recognition and standard across industries. However, achieving entry into the professional registers at any level is no small task, which can be very daunting for many technical professionals and requires critical appraisal of the evidence presented in the professional registers application form.
HEaTED is delighted to offer 2 professional registration CPD activities to help technicians, technical leaders and managers with the Science Council’s professional registration applications:
- On-demand - writing and presenting evidence for professional registration
- One-to-one coaching - support with Chartered Scientist (CSci) level applications
This CPD is designed and delivered onsite by an experienced Chartered Scientist, who is a former technician and technical resources manager in Higher Education. The provision of insight and know-how will enable you to successfully complete your professional registers competency based application with confidence. The topics covered are:
- exploring the Science Council’s competency framework
- unravelling the competencies for clarity
- identifying evidence and the level of detail required for submission
- focussing on the qualities and behaviour required to showcase competency
- selecting and describing your experiences to use as evidence
- succinctly writing the evidence to support competencies with case study examples
- gain skills and confidence to provide written evidence for professional registration
- focus on identifying and presenting successful experience to use as evidence
- increase awareness level in making successful professional registration application
- enhance your career prospects and professionalism by utilising the skills and confidence from making successful applications
The next steps
- contact HEaTED (firstname.lastname@example.org) to scope needs together
- secure funding and or approval
- set the date in your calendar
- develop and advance your professional future
This activity is subject to minimum group numbers but can be delivered on-site at your institution at a time and date to suit your team. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
We offer 1 free place for every 10 bookings, and 2 for groups of 15 or above.