Organisational change management for technician teams HC018
Embedding and enabling successful change management skills for technicians
Working in an ever changing environment has become the norm for many technicians in higher and further education. These include restructuring of technical teams and functions, organisational initiatives and strategic goals that impact on technician teams. To operate in this new climate, technicians are expected to support, enable and, where appropriate, drive the change processes for success. However, without clear understanding of the change processes and knowledge of managing change, the change goals will all too often feel unachievable. To fill this knowledge and skills gap, this one day tailored course will help technicians, technical team leaders and managers learn the following:
- change initiatives under the microscope – processes and culture
- how to prepare your technical team and individuals for change
- how to work with resisters of change
- how to embed and sustain change in technical teams
- how to influence stakeholders – best practice for technicians
- essential requirements for success in change management
On completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- effectively work in a change environment
- act as a driver of change
- tailor change management guidance to suit organisational situation
- gain confidence and capability to motivate resistoers of change
- create change management communication plans
- influence stakeholders to achieve change outcomes
Previous change management change experience is helpful but not necessary.
This activity is subject to minimum group numbers but can be delivered on-site at your institution at a time and date to suit your team. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For HEaTED members, we offer 1 free place for every 10 bookings, and 2 for groups of 15 or above.