Databases unleashed CY235
Develop your knowledge of databases and help your students integrate databases with Python at GCSE and A level
Databases offer an efficient way to store, retrieve and analyse data – they power the most popular online services, and are critical to retail, entertainment and everything across the modern world.
An understanding of databases and their potential is crucial for future employability, and for success in GCSE and A level computer science.
Uncover the potential of databases, including:
- designing and creating fields, tables and records
- table relationships and keys
- SQL programming
- Python and web interfaces
Discuss theory and practical approaches and gain useful classroom approaches to take away.
- be confident in all aspects of database theory and practice found in GCSE computer science specifications
- learn how to interface database management systems with other technologies
- be able to guide students through engaging, real-world data-driven projects, developing useful skills for the future