Laboratory science national 5 NS700
A new course, Skills for work: laboratory science national 5, has recently been introduced into schools and colleges in Scotland.
This course offers participants the opportunity to explore laboratory procedures and practices which can be used in delivery across the Laboratory science national 5 course. Combined with opportunities for professional networking, our course will offer participants a rich and vibrant programme that will enhance teaching and learning within their institutions.
To apply for this course please contact SSERC directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will forward you the necessary information. Shortly after the published closing date for applications the administration team at SSERC will send to successful applicants:
- confirmation of an offer of a place on the course together with details on enrolment procedures
- information on ENTHUSE bursaries and how to apply for such a bursary
- a set of terms and conditions which you must meet in order to qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary
If you are a supply teacher you may still qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary – please contact SSERC to establish your eligibility.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- develop strategies for making the teaching of Laboratory science national 5 more engaging and inspiring
- explore new creative approaches to practical work in Laboratory science national 5
- consolidate their own knowledge about the appropriate management of risk
- have opportunities to share teaching experiences with others on the course
- have increased understanding of the opportunities which SSERC and STEM Learning offer in support of professional development
- develop support networks for their own personal and professional development