Facilitator development programme stage 1 - invitation only NY725
Facilitator training will help you develop excellence in course leadership to ensure you can deliver a high quality CPD programme.
The facilitator development programme is our flagship approach to recruiting and developing suitable facilitators for a teacher and school-led national CPD programme.
Supporting STEM specialists who work with teachers, subject leaders/coordinators and senior managers to provide training as part of the National STEM Learning Centre and Network.
The two days of training will develop excellence in course leadership and introduce the impact and evaluation mechanisms that ensure a high quality STEM CPD programme. You will also gain an understanding of the resource and CPD offer available through the National STEM Learning Centre and Network.
Day 1 outcomes:
- recognise the evidence base that supports effective CPD
- reflect on and analyse your current CPD facilitation and development needs
- identify effective strategies for working with adult learners
- clarify the principles of impact evaluation
Day 2 Outcomes:
- evaluate your progress to date as a teacher leader and identify opportunities for accreditation of your role of STEM teacher leader
- evaluate how the National STEM Learning Centre resources can support your consultancy (teacher leader) role
- select appropriate online tools and explain how these will enhance the impact of your consultancy (teacher leader) role
Upon course completion and following a quality assurance process, participants will be awarded Associate Facilitator status under STEM Learning's CPD Quality Mark award.