Developing subject understanding in evolution (year 6) RP130
Develop ideas for teaching the evolution topic with a focus on working scientifically.
Designed for year 6 teachers or science coordinators, this session includes a focus on working scientifically, considering the key aspects which might best be focused on within the evolution topic.
Delegates will leave with ideas and resources to ensure they are more confident in pinpointing and delivering key working scientifically skills in the classroom.
At the end of each session, participants will have
- clarity about the development of the topic across the year 1 to 6 science curriculum
- a better understanding of how the topic offers opportunity to work scientifically
- a better understanding of the subject content
- ideas for teaching the topic (including assessment)
- resources for teaching the topic
Pricing is for up to two member of staff per school. Each delegate should register but only one will be charged.