Achieving the e-safety mark in your primary school CY009 / A16
In September 2015 Ofsted published changes to the way it inspects all early years, education and skills settings, including schools. This includes significant changes to how they consider and inspect Online Safety and Online Bullying. This course is based around the free 360°Safe Online Safety audit tool from SWGfL allowing you to evaluate all areas of the (e)Safeguarding provision at your school ensuring you meet the latest Ofsted requirements including the following.
- Understanding of how young people use technology and the risks associated with this.
- Evaluating present whole school (e)Safeguarding provision and developing an action plan to reach the SWGfL E-safety Mark standard..
- Developing and delivering an appropriate (e)Safeguarding curriculum to ensure pupils use technology safely, responsibly and legally.
- Ensuring IT infrastructure and use of technology in and out of school is secure and that the school can identify and respond to (e)Safeguarding incidents quickly and appropriately.
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Course fees vary for participants outside the UK. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You will be able to:
- Get a clear idea of your school's (e)safeguarding provision and areas for development.
- Ensure your school's (e)Safeguarding provision meets the expectations of the DfE and OFSTED.
- Gain an understanding of the 360 E Safety Audit tool and how it can be used as a working tool to develop policy and practice.
- Develop an action plan to implement recommended changes.
- Understand the risks, responsibilities, procedures and good practice to keep staff and children safe.
|Achieving the e-safety mark in your primary school - day 1||09 March 2017 10:00-19:00|
|Achieving the e-safety mark in your primary school - day 2||10 March 2017 09:00-15:00|
|Achieving the e-safety mark in your primary school - day 3||15 June 2017 10:00-19:00|
|Achieving the e-safety mark in your primary school - day 4||16 June 2017 09:00-15:00|
Fees & Bursaries
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available