Bringing STEM to Life (Primary & Secondary) – Spring Term RM198 / D125
Are you looking to take STEM education to the next level?
Do you aspire to become a STEM leader in your school?
This professional development course is designed to empower primary and secondary school teachers in the fields of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) and computing, building knowledge to engage your pupils with confidence.
Our comprehensive training package consists of three courses, each delivered once per term, allowing you to build and enhance your STEM programme throughout the academic year.
- Gain access to a wealth of curriculum-linked teaching and learning resources that will not only enrich your teaching but also streamline your planning, significantly reducing your workload.
- Be better prepared to meet the evolving demands of STEM education in a rapidly changing technology landscape.
- Discover funding opportunities available to your school and learn how to access them.
- Equip your pupils with the tools to make informed decisions about their future by incorporating Gatsby careers material into your teaching, helping them explore and understand various career pathways related to STEM subjects.
Participants will receive a free DataHive during the autumn session and sufficient units to use in a class setting during the spring term.
Scott Atkinson is a STEM education programmes manager at the Royal Academy of Engineering and a former teacher and faculty lead of Design, Technology, Engineering and the Arts
He delivers training courses to teachers on how to teach STEM subjects effectively. He works with schools to develop their STEM curriculum, helping to implement innovative teaching methods and stay up to date on the latest research and best practices to create a more engaging and effective STEM learning environment for students.
Who is the course leader?
We can develop an affordable bespoke CPD event which is delivered locally to you for:
- individuals such as: subject leaders, coordinators, heads of departments
- a team/whole department
- a network of schools/groups
- multi-academy trusts
- initial teacher education
|Bringing STEM to Life (Primary) – Spring Term||16 January 2024||15:30-17:00||Downlands Community School|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£40.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£80.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available