Greater Manchester Primary Science Network RA913 / C68
5 Sep 22
Greater Manchester Primary Science Network
A DfE bursary of £300 is available to schools who book by 31st July, contact email@example.com for further information
Why subscribe to the network?
Network membership gives access to high quality, Professional Development Leader led, subject specific CPD. By collaborating with other schools, we increase the opportunity for sharing expertise and good practice.Science subject leaders have a network of colleagues, all of whom will be facing similar challenges and opportunities, and teachers can learn from each other. There are sometimes further opportunities for participating in projects, and schools that are already collaborating are better placed to apply for these (i.e. Ogden Trust and Enthuse partnerships).
Session content and delivery
Sessions are written by STEM Learning and other professional bodies. We have a range of experienced and expert Professional Development Leaders, accredited by STEM Learning. We collaborate with other organisations such as IOP, RSC and STEM Ambassador Hubs.
A set number of sessions are delivered across the academic year as part of the subscription fee. There are 10 sessions in total:
- 4 subject leader sessions running once per half term
- 6 subject knowledge sessions across the academic year (open to any relevant staff).
- FREE STEM Ambassador session
- FREE Computing session
The first session of the subject leader network will include a needs analysis and plan the content for the academic year to ensure relevance for the network.
Examples of potential subject leader sessions:
- Assessment of subject knowledge moderation
- Assessment of working scientifically
- Leading change across science
- The Ofsted framework
- Role of the Subject Leader
- Context based science
- Health & Safety in primary science
Subject knowledge sessions (delivered remotely):
- Animals including humans
- Plants and Evolution and Inheritance
- Living Things and their habitats
- Everyday Materials and Rocks
- Sounds, Light and States of Matter
- Forces, Magnetism and Electricity
|Greater Manchester Primary Science Network||05 September 2022||09:00-09:30||To be assigned|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£450.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£675.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available