Subject Knowledge Chemistry for Non-Specialists or New to Teaching RA298 / B143
Session 1 & 2
Chemistry for Non-Specialists: an introduction is specifically aimed at teachers who are not chemistry specialists and wish to become more confident at teaching chemistry
This course is for science who want to learn how to plan run and deliver successful required practical lessons.
The course will cover some aspects of planning and delivery
Who is the course leader?
Session 1 & 2
- increased your understanding of chemistry topics at Key Stage 3 & 4
- increased your confidence in the teaching of chemistry
- to help inspire and engage your students
- to gain an understanding of how to successfully deliver the required practical in science
- to practice and evaluate required practical’s in the specific subject and discuss the common misconceptions pupils might have
- to review the Gatsby Practical Benchmarks
|KS3 Chemistry for Non-Specialists||27 September 2022||09:15-15:15||Ashton Community Science College|
|KS4 Chemistry for Non-Specialists||06 October 2022||09:15-15:15||Ashton Community Science College|
|Chemistry Required Practicals||01 December 2022||09:15-15:15||Ashton Community Science College|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£550.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£825.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available