Developing and leading excellence in the early years foundation stage NY012 / A22
This highly practical course will help you identify and demonstrate good teaching and learning practices in science for pupils in Early Years. You will acquire a range of strategies to develop pupil’s experiences to extend scientific enquiry.
This course will help you to focus on the processes of learning in the Early Years including ways to encourage talk and effective communication. There will also be opportunities to explore working with your local wider community.
Who is it for?
- Science subject leads
- Early Years practitioners
What topics are covered?
- starting with a story
- assessment in the Early Years
- growing success
- balancing adult and pupil initiated learning
- using the local environment
- talk and collaboration
- promoting science capital
- the outdoors classroom
- developing your continuous provision
How will you learn?
Face to face learning at the National STEM Learning Centre in York
How long is this course?
Four days across two residential periods
Who is the course leader?
Facilitator To Be Confirmed
At STEM Learning, we are proud to work alongside teachers, technicians and educators to inspire and engage young people of all ages with STEM...
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- demonstrate good Early Years practice and exploit opportunities for science
- Provide opportunities for developing language and communication skills through engaging science contexts
- provide and support quality adult input in the classroom
- use effective approaches for assessment to inform progression
- be able to use the local community to extend pupil’s experiences in science
|Developing and leading excellence in the early years foundation stage- Day 1||12 January 2023||11:00-19:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Developing and leading excellence in the early years foundation stage- Day 2||13 January 2023||09:00-16:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Developing and leading excellence in the early years foundation stage - Day 3||18 May 2023||11:00-19:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Developing and leading excellence in the early years foundation stage- Day 4||19 May 2023||09:00-16:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Fees & Bursaries
If the course you would like to attend is fully booked, please contact email@example.com to express your interest in being added to a waiting list. We will contact you when the course is due to run again.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available