Misconceptions and threshold concepts - a session for secondary ECTs RH298 / E51
This session for Early Career Teachers helps you to ensure that students have a secure understanding of the ‘threshold concepts’ which opens the door to further and more long-term understanding. As part of this you will will be able to identify and anticipate misconceptions which might be hurdles to students mastering these threshold concepts.
Who is the course leader?
Winner at the STEM national teaching awards 2022 for Outstanding engagement with the STEM community.
By the end of the session you will have:
- considered the impact of preconceptions and misconceptions on student progress.
- identified sources of information on misconceptions.
- suggested ways of addressing misconceptions.
- considered the importance of misconceptions in planning.
- discussed what a threshold concept is.
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£20.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£40.00 +VAT|
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available