Science for low attainers - how to engage and ensure progress RJ298 / C76
This course will look at how to effectively deliver the science curriculum to ensure progress by low attainers. The course will look at how the curriculum can be modelled to support low attainers and you will develop strategies to engage students with science and to ensure that pupil's skills are developed to allow them to access examinations and required practicals. You will develop a range of strategies to promote independent learning.
Who is the course leader?
You will be able to:
- Adapt curriculum models to raise attainment for lower ability students in science
- Build skills for accessing assessment
- Develop strategies to deliver the curriculum within engaging contexts for low attainers
- Link understanding science to real-world contexts
- develop learner’s independent learning skills & strengthen the resilience of learners
|Science for Low Attainers||28 February 2022||09:00-15:00||Virtual|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£185.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£370.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available