Writing effective CPD content (FDP bolt-on - invite only) FD017R / Y05
Writing CPD is challenging; writing for others to deliver effectively, even more so. This short training session looks at evidence-based approaches to CPD, and how to develop impactful content that supports best CPD practices.
In this 90 minute remote course, you will consider how to achieve valuable outcomes for participants at different stages of their career path. Making relevant links to wider support through accessible and inclusive content, in face-to-face, blended and remote CPD formats, and adhering to established standards and processes will be a key outcome, ensuring the authoring process runs as smoothly as possible.
Who is it for?
CPD Quality Mark accredited facilitators, who are - or are likely to be - commissioned to develop CPD content
What topics are covered?
- Features of effective CPD
- Adult learning theories
- Outcome-driven CPD development
- Consideration of participant experience in CPD development
- Multipliers - CPD delivered by others
- Diversity, inclusion and accessibility
- Integrating careers-related information
- Standards and the quality assurance process
Who is the course leader?
I am the Senior Computing and Technology Specialist for STEM Learning responsible for face-to-face CPD content through the National Centre for...
At the end of the session you will:
- know how to develop CPD content, to meet identified outcomes, based on effective approaches to professional learning
- understand the need of facilitators for clear guidance and carefully constructed materials and activities
- recognise the breadth of important factors to consider when developing CPD that supports maximum classroom impact
|1 Writing effective CPD content (FDP bolt-on - invite only)||04 January 2022||15:00-16:30||Virtual|
Remotely delivered live CPD for current or prospective writers of STEM Learning CPD only. Please contact the relevant member of the education team to arrange participation.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available