Science for secondary probationers NS203 / B21
Through this course we seek to build on the practical experiences provided by the Scottish Universities Science School, which is attended by the vast majority of probationer science teachers in Scotland, and offer further opportunities to consolidate and enhance professional networks.
Through this programme, with practical work at its core, we will focus on enhancing the range of activities which participants will be able to use to support Curriculum for Excellence in their classrooms. More than half of the practical elements of the course will be devoted to subjects other than participants’ own area of expertise.
Combined with opportunities for professional networking, the course will offer participants a rich and vibrant programme that will enhance teaching and learning within their institutions.
Who is the course leader?
Participants will be able to:
- demonstrate an enhanced portfolio of ideas for practical work both within and outside their own subject specialism
- use a wider variety of teaching strategies to promote pupils’ learning in science including demonstrations and scientific enquiry
- exemplify the importance of contemporary science and its applications in the context of the curriculum
- network with fellow professionals and explore mechanisms for ongoing support
- develop an action plan related to their teaching practice
|Science for secondary probationers - day 1||04 March 2022||09:30-17:00||SSERC|
|Science for secondary probationers - day 2||01 June 2022||09:00-16:30||SSERC|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£320.00||Standard bursary available*£320.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£320.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available