Feedback for learning: formative assessment NE714 / A21
Online, self-paced course. Marking has been identified as an area of excessive workload for teachers, however feedback is a crucial practice to enable students to move forward in their understanding. This course provides evidence-based approaches to using written and oral feedback to support student learning, without increasing your workload. You will focus on developing a classroom culture that encourages formative dialogue, and prepare students to receive feedback and act upon it to further their learning.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- effective feedback as part of formative assessment.
- feedback that enables students to move forward in their learning.
- forms of written feedback and oral feedback.
- empowering students to receive and act on feedback.
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
• Andrea Mapplebeck
- apply approaches that use students’ errors to maximise learning as part of classroom culture.
- identify different types of feedback interaction within your teaching.
- develop a range of strategies to involve students in oral and written feedback.
- develop a formative classroom culture that prepares students to be responsive to feedback.
|1 Feedback for learning: formative assessment||02 August 2021||00:00-00:00||Online course|
FutureLearn terms and conditions: This course is hosted on the FutureLearn social learning platform and you will need to create an account if you do not already have one.
In addition to STEM Learning Terms and Conditions, by booking on this course you are consenting to FutureLearn’s Terms and Conditions for Invited Learners. By booking onto this course, you agree that your information will be held by FutureLearn and National STEM Learning Centre as data controllers in common, and that by joining the course on FutureLearn your progress will be monitored by STEM Learning.
If you have booked in advance of the course being available, you will receive an email to access the course on FutureLearn no later than the course start date.
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£90.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£0.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£112.50 +VAT|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
Find out how our Online CPD works and how to make the most of your online professional development.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available