Teaching primary science: getting started NE708 / A21
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- managing practical science in the primary classroom
- resourcing practical science easily
- identifying types of enquiry
- embedding practical science in planning
- exploring activities which spark curiosity
- developing thinking and reasoning skills
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
• Sarah Dagnell
• Karen Brunyee
• Tanya Shields
- develop confidence in carrying out practical science for 5-11 year olds
- explore ideas for effective practical work in primary science
- recognise the types of enquiry and when to use them
- investigate activities which engage children in learning about science
- create opportunities for developing thinking and reasoning through science
|Getting started with practical science for primary teachers||02 August 2021||00:00-00:00||Online course|
Group enrolments: If you are a school, college or MAT and wish to arrange payment by invoice for 25 or more participants, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the course code, title and start date.
FutureLearn terms and conditions: This course is hosted on the FutureLearn social learning platform and you will need to create an account if you do not already have one.
In addition to STEM Learning Terms and Conditions, by booking on this course you are consenting to FutureLearn’s Terms and Conditions for Invited Learners. By booking onto this course, you agree that your information will be held by FutureLearn and National STEM Learning Centre as data controllers in common, and that by joining the course on FutureLearn your progress will be monitored by STEM Learning.
If you have booked in advance of the course being available, you will receive an email to access the course on FutureLearn no later than the course start date
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£90.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£112.50 +VAT|
Find out how our Online CPD works and how to make the most of your online professional development.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available