Curriculum design for secondary school science NE209 / C20
Online, self-paced course. Discover the key components of a strong secondary school science curriculum in this introductory course. You’ll explore the advantages and disadvantages of various approaches, as well as how support for teachers can be modelled to support effective learning for students. You’ll consider how practical work and maths skills for science can be embedded in a curriculum and how progression can be mapped effectively.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- what a good curriculum and scheme of work looks like.
- mapping progression of subject knowledge and practical skills across the curriculum.
- the impact of assessment on different curriculum models.
- linking maths skills and the science curriculum.
- working together as a department.
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
- identify the key features of an effective science curriculum and scheme of work for students aged 11-19 years.
- identify progression routes though science subjects to maximise learning.
- evaluate the development of mathematical skills and extended writing across the curriculum.
- assess the advantages and disadvantages of different curriculum models for secondary science.
- discuss the implications of assessment practices on curriculum planning.
|Curriculum design for secondary school science||03 May 2021||00:00-00:00|
Group enrolments: If you are a school, college or MAT and wish to arrange payment by invoice for 25 or more participants, please contact email@example.com quoting the course code, title and start date.
FutureLearn terms and conditions: This course is hosted on the FutureLearn social learning platform and you will need to create an account if you do not already have one.
In addition to STEM Learning Terms and Conditions, by booking on this course you are consenting to FutureLearn’s Terms and Conditions for Invited Learners. By booking onto this course, you agree that your information will be held by FutureLearn and National STEM Learning Centre as data controllers in common, and that by joining the course on FutureLearn your progress will be monitored by STEM Learning.
If you have booked in advance of the course being available, you will receive an email to access the course on FutureLearn no later than the course start date.
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£20.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£0.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£40.00 +VAT|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
Find out how our Online CPD works and how to make the most of your online professional development.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available