Network for NQT/ITT mentors RA298 / A274
23 Feb 21
- Session 1 - Mentoring skills - what makes a good mentor and how to develop mentoring skills; developing & extending support networks.
- Gap task
- Session 2 - Supporting your mentee - from lesson planning to safe practical work: difficult conversations and sharing of good practice
The joining instructions for participants for session 1 will be sent on 22nd February.
- Consider the qualities of a good mentor including your own strengths and areas for development
- Suggest ways to support your mentee to develop their own style
- Reflect on the importance of research informed practice.
- Consider the importance of networks and how to develop them
- Consider the areas of the teaching standards that need specific attention in science
- Identify the standards associated with delivering practical science lessons
- Consider how to support your mentee with delivering practical science lessons
- Reflect on how to manage difficult conversations
- Share challenges and successes of the mentoring role
|Network for NQT/ITT mentors - session 1||24 February 2021||15:00-17:00|
|Network for NQT/ITT mentors - session 2||18 March 2021||15:00-17:00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£100.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£150.00 +VAT|
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available