A Toolkit for STEM and WAU Co-ordinators NN005 / A20
A Toolkit for World Around Us Co-Ordinators is one of our flagship CPD courses aimed at WAU co-ordinators and teachers with an interest in science.
This year the course is a mixture of remote online delivery and face to face sessions which will run later in the academic year. Sessions will include providing guidance on roles and responsibilities of the subject leader, incorporating planning and policy requirements, ideas on how to link individual subject areas while still covering the skills through relevant and innovative themes, and an exploration of how to move science and the WAU forward in your school.
- understand their role as WAU/STEM co-ordinator more fully, and will feel more confident in being able to fulfil their responsibilities back in school
- be aware of a range of strategies and ideas to develop and deliver good quality science experiences through the learning area of the WAU
- begin to considered how to lead and inspire colleagues back in school, and will have begun to identify priorities for action
- develop techniques for evaluating pupil progress
|A Toolkit for STEM and WAU Co-ordinators - Session 1 remote delivered||03 February 2021||09:00-13:00|
|A Toolkit for STEM and WAU Co-ordinators - Session 2 remote delivered||24 March 2021||09:00-13:00|
|A Toolkit for STEM and WAU Co-ordinators - Session 3 face to face||01 June 2021||09:00-18:15|
Please note - if you work at a state funded school or college in Northern Ireland you will eligible for the ENTHUSE Bursary upon full attendance on this course
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£175.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£175.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£530.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available