Facilitator Training (package) RD298 / B11
This package of courses is designed to equip school and college based colleagues (teachers and technicians) with the skills to become an effective facilitator of subject specific CPD. It explores what makes CPD effective and how its impact can be evaluated as well as providing new facilitators with the strategies and tools they need when leading learning with adults.
You will be able to:
Facilitating effective professional development
- understand the key components of effective CPD;
- develop outcomes that are purposeful and design assessment opportunities to understand whether outcomes have been met;
- use a range of strategies to help make sessions more engaging to an adult audience;
- evaluate and reflect on your own CPD delivery and identify potential sources for gathering evidence of impact;
- engage with relevant and recent research around delivery of effective professional development.
Facilitating with STEM Learning
- Learn how the STEM Learning CPD development and quality-assurance processes support evidence-based teacher professional development
- use STEM Learning content and facilitator guidance to support effective CPD sessions
- use tools and approaches for planning and evaluating classroom impact
- know the roles and responsibilities of facilitators and other key CPD stakeholders
Facilitating subject-specific professional development in science
- facilitate effective science CPD sessions that are likely to have a lasting positive impact on teachers, support staff and students;
- be aware of the challenges involved in running practical sessions during CPD, and how you can plan them to get the most from your time.
|Facilitating effective professional development||18 March 2021||09:00-15:30|
|Facilitating with STEM Learning||22 April 2021||13:00-15:30|
|Facilitating subject-specific professional development in science||10 June 2021||13:00-15:30|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available