*** FREE Primary Science & Numeracy - making meaningful links RB198 / C46
Recovery Curriculum? - CoVid Catch up?
This NEW COURSE (**FREE** for the Autumn term only) will explore meaningful links between Science and Numeracy...
Following the C-19 extended lockdown, we continue to be in such an uncertain place with trying to deliver consistently high quality education to our classes whilst addressing so many issues as a result of CoVid - particularly as we work through the process of recovering the children's lost learning.
Amongst all the guidance, updates etc - two statements ring out:
- “School leaders are expected to prioritise identifying gaps and re-establish good progress in the essentials (phonics and reading, increasing vocabulary, writing and mathematics).”
- Teachers are tasked with ensuring that "The majority of pupils are taught a full range of subjects over a year, including science"
Science is not only a Core Subject (OFSTED Primary Science update 2019) but an ideal subject in which to address literacy and numeracy. Join our free course to go away with loads of ideas and resources that you can implement in your school on how science topics can support the teaching of maths and numeracy across the primary curriculum
If this date isn't convenient - why not join the other instance of this course:
Linking Numeracy and Science - 6th November: https://bit.ly/RB198-C48
Why not join our other course too, linking Literacy and Science:
5th November: https://bit.ly/RB198-C47
10th November: https://bit.ly/RB198-C49
- To explore meaningful links to EXPLICITLY teach maths in a science context
- To stimulate creativity in cross-curricular teaching
- Come away with a toolkit of resources, ideas and strategies to use in your classroom and across school
- Network with others, and share ideas and concerns
|Linking science and numeracy effectively||04 November 2020||15:00-16:30|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available