KS2 Earth and Space free scheme of work launch- Into Our Skies: Space in Schools RB298 / A260
This is designed specifically for upper KS2 teachers who would like to engage their pupils in the delivery of earth and space using dance.
The session will give an overview of the free 6 week scheme of work available which has been created by UCLan Astronomer Dr. Joanne Pledger, UCLanDance course leader Ruth Spencer and Preston based dancer, Lucy Starkey.
So whether you would like to
• get active in the classroom
• encourage pupils and their families to get active by setting tasks for homework
• provide online resources for those self-isolating
Join us to find out more and gain access to the following resources
• Three interactive educational videos including risk assessments
• "Top Tips" on how to facilitate a dance class and supplementary information on "The Science Bit,"
• Additional activities, demonstrations and practical sessions to promote deeper learning.
• An opportunity for the class to “Skype the Scientist” and have a Q&A session with Dr Joanne Pledger.
• You will have free access to resources to support delivery of KS2 Earth in Space in the classroom
• You will have an understanding of how science can be taught creatively in the classroom or at home
|KS2 Earth and Space||16 October 2020||14:00-14:45|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available