Fit for purpose Science Assessment RK198 / N16
A whistle-stop tour of the assessment landscape, offering practical solutions that subject leaders might use and adapt in their schools.
This course will provide SLs with an insight into:
· National requirements – the truth
· Position of science in the curriculum – OfSTED, Wellcome Trust etc.
o Future guessing – what’s the direction of travel likely to be?
· Statutory assessment – current picture
· Best practice resources to support science formative assessment, backed by sound research
· Principles of planning with assessment in mind
· Using practical strategies to explore children’s understanding
o Focussed assessment tasks
o Assessment themes
o Moderating outcomes
· Communicating outcomes – using floor books and other communication strategies to capture learning
We can develop an affordable bespoke CPD event which is delivered locally to you for:
- individuals such as: subject leaders, coordinators, heads of departments
- a team/whole department
- a network of schools/groups
- multi-academy trusts
- initial teacher education
|Primary bespoke support||25 March 2021||14:00-16:00|
|primary Support||29 April 2021||14:00-16:00|
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available