UPGRADE OFFER: Differentiation for learning NE702 / A20
Online course. Improve your practice of differentiating for learning, by diagnosing your students' current levels of understanding and differentiating for learning by task. You will explore the key principles of effective differentiation for learning, see how teachers use these approaches in their classrooms, and learn how to differentiate for learning by task. You will leave the course feeling confident in your ability to respond to evidence of your students’ learning and address their different needs.
“I loved that videos were used to show us exactly how to implement strategies that were described during the course. What a fantastic resource for teachers - this really encourages you to put what you've learnt into practice!" - Course Participant
Join this course
Book onto our Differentiation for learning online course through the STEM Learning website and you can purchase an upgrade for only £30 + VAT. You will get unlimited access to the course and recognition with a STEM certificate on successful completion.
Usual upgrade price is £62 on FutureLearn.
Join on FutureLearn for free to get time-limited access without a certificate.
Who is it for?
This course is for teachers, curriculum leaders, teaching assistants, newly qualified teachers, trainee teachers and others involved in teaching science, engineering, technology, computing or maths. It’s suitable for educators working at primary, secondary or further education (ages 5-19 years). Teachers of other disciplines will find the course useful to extend their thinking about how to support all learners they teach.
What topics are covered?
This five week course covers:
- key principles of differentiation for learning
- the importance of diagnosing current levels of understanding
- differentiating for learning by task
- evaluating practice of differentiation for learning
This course takes around three hours per week to complete and you do not need to be online at any specific time.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- assess some of the research literature about differentiating for learning,
- identify a number of approaches for differentiating by task using examples from the STEM subjects,
- explore the links between differentiating for learning and assessment for learning, engage with some key principles of effective differentiated learning,
- collaborate with peers, educators and mentors to try out activities and share thinking in order to help shift practice,
- evaluate a range of practical ideas that can be used to elicit evidence from students and differentiate for their learning,
- collect and analyse evidence from students on changes implemented in the classroom in order to critically reflect on own practice in order to prioritise next steps in own development.
|Differentiating for learning in STEM teaching||02 November 2020||00:00-00:00|
This course is hosted on the FutureLearn social learning platform. The email address you give when you apply will be used to send you joining instructions and information about your course. Please make sure you can be contacted directly with this email address. You will be asked to create a FutureLearn account with the same email address you register, if you do not already have one.
In addition to STEM Learning Terms and Conditions, by booking on this course you are consenting to your details being shared with FutureLearn under their Terms and Conditions for Invited Learners. By booking onto this course, you agree that your information will be held by FutureLearn and National STEM Learning Centre as data controllers in common, and your progress on this course will be monitored by STEM Learning.
If you have booked in advance of the course being available, you will receive access to the course on FutureLearn no later than the course start date.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£30.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£30.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Find out how our Online CPD works and how to make the most of your online professional development.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available